Thursday, April 17, 6:30 p.m.
Maundy Thursday service and soup supper - Join us in the Fellowship hall downstairs for a simple soup supper and Communion as we remember Jesus' last supper with his disciples. This service will include singing a couple of simple Taizé chants, led by our choir director Kathryn Smith Derksen.
Friday, April 18, 7:30 p.m.
Join us for this special service of personal reflection and remembering Christ's love for us. This service will feature two pieces fo choral music by our very own Becky Rufin. One is Becky's composition of Dennis Hughes's poem "This Night He Broke the Bread." The other is her composition "I Was the One." The final piece of music will be "Carry Him Gently" by Beryl Red.
Sunday, April 20, 2014 - Easter morning worship
9:00 a.m. Easter breakfast fundraiser for our youth summer mission!
Celebrate Easter by eating breakfast with your Northminster friends and family. The breakfast will be provided by the youth. Proceeds will benefit their summer mission work.
After breakfast and before the service - Easter egg hunt for children/youth
10:30 a.m. Worship -Join us for Easter Sunday worship as we rejoice in the Resurrection with Randall Thompson's "Alleluia," "Gloria" by our children's chime choir, Communion and singing your favorite Easter hymns.
Easter Sunday we will all be worshipping together! In order to make this happen, we will not have childcare available, as we would love for all your family members to rejoice with us!
Sermon - “Good Morning!” Tyler Easley, Interim Pastor
Please join us for coffee and cookies after worship today. Have a look at the Lost and Found items to see if you recognize anything that you've been missing.
- Ballard Ecumenical Ministry Shelter and overnight at Crown Hill United Methodist on Tuesday and Wednesdays and Northminster on Thursday and Friday evenings. Volunteers are needed to staff the shelter for homeless mentally ill people for four nights a week. You can volunteer by hosting the guests in the evening from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m., be there to sleep in the shelter and get the guests on their way in the morning from 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., cook a meal to feed the guests and evening hosts or do laundry once a week. If you are interested in being a new volunteer, please call the church office at 783-3402.
- Community night supper in our Fellowship Hall on Wednesdays at 6:00.
- Session meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
- Deacon meetings are held every other month on the second Wednesday at 7:00 p.m.
- Youth group on Fridays at 4:15pm.
- Reading group meets on the second Wednesday evening once a month. following community night supper.
UPCOMING EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
"Like us on Facebook"
Pam keeps our NPC website current and Mark Purcell has just added a Facebook link to our website landing page. If you want to see what’s happening in our church go to www.northminsterpres.org and when you do click on the Facebook icon and “like” us!
2014 PER CAPITA