Coffee host volunteers and lay readers are needed! Please sign up on the clipboard in the reception room. Thank you!
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
6:00 p.m. Community night supper
6:45 p.m. Ash Wednesday service with imposition of ashes
Saturday, March 8, 2014
SPRING AHEAD! Don't forget to set your clock one hour ahead for daylight savings time.
Sunday, March 9, 2014 - 1st Sunday of Lent
10:30 a.m. Worship
Genesis 2:15-17; 3:1-7
Sermon - "Passing the Test" Tyler Easley
Please join us for coffee and cookies after worship today.
Session and Deacons will have a joint meeting on Tuesday, March 11th at 7:00.
- Ballard Ecumenical Ministry Shelter and overnight at Crown Hill United Methodist on Tuesday and Wednesdays and Northminster on Thursday and Friday evenings. Volunteers are needed to staff the shelter for homeless mentally ill people for four nights a week. You can volunteer by hosting the guests in the evening from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m., be there to sleep in the shelter and get the guests on their way in the morning from 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., cook a meal to feed the guests and evening hosts or do laundry once a week. If you are interested in being a new volunteer, please call the church office at 783-3402.
- Community night supper in our Fellowship Hall on Wednesdays at 6:00.
- Session meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
- Deacon meetings are held every other month on the second Wednesday at 7:00 p.m.
- Youth group on Fridays at 4:15pm.
- Reading group meets on the second Wednesday evening once a month. following community night supper.
UPCOMING EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
LENTEN BIBLE STUDY
Tyler Easley will lead a Lenten Bible study during the first five Wednesdays of Lent on the Cross of Christ. This will follow the Community night supper that begins at 6:00. Childcare will be provided by Trisha Wirta, so bring your whole family for an evening meal together. We ask that you R.S.V.P. to the church office for childcare to determine interest and so that Trisha may make appropriate plans for the ages of the children.
Join an upcoming conversation with the interim taskforce looking at Northminster’s mission, vision, and programmatic activities. We’ll be asking you to share responses to the following questions:
- What drew you to Northminster Presbyterian?
- Why did you decide to continue attending/join?
- What resources do you hope for to grow in your faith?
- What opportunities for service would you like to see or continue at NPC?
Conversations will be held immediately following worship on 3/16 and 3/23 in the fellowship hall. If you are not able to join one of these conversations, we’d still like your input – please contact the church office for a form you may use to submit written feedback.
Shake off your winter doldrums and come to Northminster on Saturday evening, March 22nd at 7:00 for a night of fun and games for all ages. We'll have puzzles, cards, Pictionary or you may bring your favorite game. Please bring snacks to share. Sign up in the Reception room or RSVP to Bronwen Matthews.
"Like us on Facebook"
Pam keeps our NPC website current and Mark Purcell has just added a Facebook link to our website landing page. If you want to see what’s happening in our church go to www.northminsterpres.org and when you do click on the Facebook icon and “like” us!
2014 PER CAPITA