Events at Northminster
Wednesday, December 4
6:00 Community night supper - Come and enjoy some soup, salad, bread and fellowship in the Fellowship Hall.
Please remember to bring your pledge information to church or mail it so that Session may begin working on the 2014 budget!
Sunday, December 8, 2nd Sunday of Advent
Please bring Giving Tree unwrapped presents with the attached gift tags in TODAY so they may distributed to The Church of Mary Magdalene and Noel House.
9:30 a.m. Chime choir for children grade 2 and above
10:00 a.m. Alternative Christmas Fair!
Shop for gift cards that support local and global missions or fair trade goods from East Africa, Haiti and Palestine
10:30 a.m. Worship (all children dismissed after the gospel reading to go to their Sunday school classes)
The minute for mission today will be presented by Eliza Penick from the Heifer Project.
Psalm 72:1-7, 18-19
Romans Romans 15:4-13
Matthew Matthew 3:1-12
Sermon -“Turning From, Turning Toward” The Rev. Tyler Easley
Please join us for coffee and cookies after worship today and shop at the Alternative Fair!.
- Ballard Ecumenical Ministry Shelter and overnight at Crown Hill United Methodist on Tuesday and Wednesdays and Northminster on Thursday and Friday evenings. Volunteers are needed to staff the shelter for homeless mentally ill people for four nights a week. You can volunteer by hosting the guests in the evening from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m., be there to sleep in the shelter and get the guests on their way in the morning from 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., cook a meal to feed the guests and evening hosts or do laundry once a week. If you are interested in being a new volunteer, please call the church office at 783-3402.
- Community night supper in our Fellowship Hall on Wednesdays at 6:00.(except for December 25th and January 1st)
- Session meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
- Deacon meetings are held every other month on the second Wednesday at 7:00 p.m.
- Youth group meets Friday afternoons for 4th grade and older at 4:15 p.m.
- Second Friday (of the month) Readers Book Group 10:30 a.m.
UPCOMING EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Alternative Christmas Fair!
We will have an Alternative Fair on Sunday, Dec. 1, 8, and 15 before and after church. Shop for alternative presents by making donations to organizations that support people in need or fair trade goods from Palestine, Africa and Haiti.
Garden d'Lights Tour and Dinner at Pogacha in Bellevue
We’re planning this event for the evening of Sunday, Dec. 8, carpooling from church at 4:30 and will be buying the tickets in advance – tickets are $5 each, children 10 and under are free. Everyone will pay for their own meal at Pogacha. To join us, please sign up on the sheet in the Sign-Ups kiosk in the Reception Room or contact Bronwen Matthews, and please indicate if you need a ride or can volunteer to drive a carload. Hope to see you there!
CHRISTMAS PAGEANT IS COMING!
Our pageant will be held during service on December 15th during worship, so mark your calendars. If your child, grandchild, nephew, niece or neighbor would like to be a part of this pageant, please contact Elyse Fairweather for more details about parts. We will be holding several pageant rehearsals between now and December 15th, some of which will be held during part of Sunday School to accommodate varying schedules.
"Like us on Facebook"
Pam keeps our NPC website current and Mark Purcell has just added a Facebook link to our website landing page. If you want to see what’s happening in our church go to www.northminsterpres.org and when you do click on the Facebook icon and “like” us!
2014 PER CAPITA